Google+

Sewing for Your Girls -- Crafty Weekends Review and Link Party

Reminder this link party is for all types of crafts, craft tutorials and craft product reviews!



Disclosure: Tuttle Publishing gave me a copy of this book free of charge for this review. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation. As in all my reviews I am providing links for your ease, but receive no compensation.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend last week. Our party lasted two weeks because of the holiday. I know the weather here or should I say on Cape Cod was absolutely perfect and the fireworks were amazing with reflections from the high tide in the marsh and a gorgeous sunset. Now it is time to get back on track with my crafts. Today we are sharing a book to make your girls beautiful clothes. Do some of the clothes in the stores bother you for your girls? They do me. I feel lucky to find a few stores where I like the clothes and then supplement it with homemade clothes. This book is perfect for people like me. The book is Sewing for Your Girls by Yoshiko Tsukiori. 




In this book Tsukiori shares eight basic patterns and then applies seven of them to make even other outfits. The clothes are gorgeous. She also explains the basics of transferring the patterns, sewing as well as about sewing equipment and fabrics. The first pattern has step by step instructions with photos and the others have a list of instructions and refer back to the pages where there are more detailed instructions with photos. 

There are adorable blouses, dresses, shorts, overalls and more in this book. 

I was planning on making Hazel this Applied Pattern 7 dress with some linen I picked up for it. I unfortunately have not had the time to actually start sewing it. I have transferred the pattern though.

I know when I make it she will love it. She has been wearing sundresses almost every day this summer. I promise to share a picture once I get it finished!
The patterns in the book are pull-out and full size but do not include the seam allowance (one of my pet peeves) and they are overlapped. However they are well planned and labeled so it is easy to find the correct pages for the pieces you need to complete the pattern. I also like the time that is spent explaining techniques. Although you need to turn back to find the photo tutorials and explanations they are very detailed and help the beginner sewers as well as more advanced ones. I also love the variety in the book and patterns. I hope you will check it out.






Thank you to everyone who shared with us at last party!! It was full of creations and inspiring ideas!! Below are some features from the party, but this is just a small sample of great ideas shared! This week we have features with the themes of summer time, posters and printables and everything else.  


Also remember for your child-oriented crafts, activities, lessons, etc. Sharing Saturday is going on!! For any cultural related posts (diversity and/or multicultural as well) be sure to share at the month long Creative Kids Creative Blog Hop.

Summer Features



1) From Clean & Scentsible: Simple Summer Ice Cream Party

2) From Home Cooking Memories: DIY Ice Cream Cone Wrapper


3) From A Little Pinch of Perfect: Cupcake Liner Fireworks Craft for Kids

4) From Flamingo Toes: 15 Minute Picnic Blanket

Posters and Printables Features


1) From Simply {Darr}ling: Printed Burlap Wall Decor

2) From Mom's Messy Miracles: The Best Days End in Dirty Clothes

3) From The Logbook: Poster Project 

4) From The Real Thing with the Coake Family: I Love You More Wall Art

Our Other Features



1From The Scrap Shoppe Blog: Star Spangled Rustic Tray 

2) From Nap-Time Creations: 4 Tips for Teaching Kids to Crochet

3) From The Perfect Storm: DIY Spring Rope Planter

4) From Paper Crafting Ideas: Cascading Flowers Easy Handmade Thank You Card


Thank you to everyone who shared the last week!! I hope you will share again!! If you are featured here, please feel free to grab a featured button to display proudly on your blog. I would love the help spreading the word about Crafty Weekends!!





Featured Button Code:



 Please share family friendly crafts here. Just crafts and/or patterns--no recipes, lessons, etc. You can share craft product reviews as well. By linking up here you are giving me permission to share your links and to pin your links. Please follow my Crafty Weekends Feature Pinterest Board to see all the features from these fun link parties!