Google+

Crafty Weekends -- Fat Quarters: Small Fabrics, More Than 50 Big Ideas -- Book Review & Link Party

Disclosure: Lark Crafts sent me a copy of this book free of charge to review. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation. As in all my reviews I am providing links for your ease, but receive no compensation.

Today I have the pleasure of sharing with you Fat Quarters: Small Fabrics, More Than 50 Big Ideas by Lark Crafts. 
http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Quarters-Small-Fabrics-Ideas/dp/1454708794/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446948070&sr=8-1&keywords=Fat+Quarters+Lark+Crafts


 This book has patterns divided into six sections: Babies & Kids, Bags, Quilts & Pillows, Home Decor, Wearables, and Give & Use. The patterns require different number of fat quarters to make each item. For those that do not know, fat quarters are pieces of fabric cut in a 18-inch by 22-inch rectangle (which is equivalent to buying a quarter yard of fabric, but in a more useful shape). The projects range from birthday hats, toys and clothes to organization baskets and so many more! It was hard to chose which project to do first, however I decided to start with the Child's FQ Reversible Apron. design by Anneliese. 


 
This apron uses two fat quarters. The part that is cut for the arms is used as the pocket on each side. The pattern also calls for some fun trims. Hazel loves it!! She wants to make pancakes for breakfast tomorrow just so she can use it. At times I questioned the instructions, but decided to follow them and was happy I did. The only fault I found was it never said to baste on the neck ribbon. 

 With a simple twist in the ribbon the apron is reversible and has a pocket on both sides. I am thinking this apron with a child's cookbook would make a great present this holiday season. What do you think?

Now I cannot wait to make Hazel the Mushroom Tote. It of course includes a door and window to the mushroom for the fairies!! Needless to say there are many fun projects and some useful ones in this great book. The projects are a bit easier working with the pre-cut fat quarters. It is definitely a fun book for any sewer and has many great homemade gift ideas!! I hope you will check it out!!

Crafty Weekends Link Party


We had a fun party last week with some fun crafts shared!! It was larger than ever, so I am increasing my number this week.  Sharing Saturday (anything kid oriented) is going on.  Thank you to everyone who shared with us at last week's party!! It was fun to see what people have been making and I hope you enjoy these features.



1) From Busy Toddler: Fall Leaf Craft

2) From Mini Monets and Mommies: Thanksgiving Turkey Art with Sensory Shaving Cream

3) From Designs by Miss Mandee: Autumn Word Overlays

4) From Thistlewood Farms: Easy 10 Minute Fall Decorating Idea

5) From Mrs. Do It Herself: Old Frame to Shabby Chic Chalkboard

6) From Over the Apple Tree: Wooden Button Tutorial

7) From Busy Being Jennifer: DIY Mirror Planter Box 

8) From Purple Hues and Me: Recycled Soda Can Wall Art

Thank you to everyone who shared the last week!! I hope you will share again!! If you are featured here, please feel free to grab a featured button to display proudly on your blog. 



Featured Button Code:


 Please share family friendly crafts here. Just crafts and/or patterns--no recipes, lessons, etc. You can share craft product reviews as well. By linking up here you are giving me permission to share your links and to pin your links. Please follow my Crafty Weekends Feature Pinterest Board to see all the features from these fun link parties!